Sunday, May 19, 2013

Freshmen 15

Hello All,

We've All heard of freshmen 15, we say that we will be able fight and not fall into the trap of freshmen 15. At least I thought I could but I hate to say that I did lose the fight for freshmen 15 for many reasons. 

But first a short background on me...I've never been thin, I went through a phase where I hated myself but after losing some weight I started to love who I am and dress myself so that I felt comfortable with myself. During my weight lose I learned that I would eat when I was bored and that I was emotional eater and I would ask myself if I was hungry or bored and eventually I was able to stop the emotional eating.

After starting college I started eating when I was bored and I spent WAY to much time at the dinning hall and felt the need to eat when I was hanging out with friends. I was a member of the fitness center but didn't go nearly enough!  

After starting the summer and getting home I had time to think about solution how for me to lose the freshmen 15 and keep off when I return to college. So, here are my ideas:
1: Create an eating schedule such as breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon lunch, and dinner
2: Actually eating breakfast, they say that helps keep you healthier
3: Join a gym, one that has a summer work out program for students
4: Find a way to stay healthy at home and at school 

I want to say that I'm not one of those people who hates themselves. I don't want to lose weight to be prettier. I want to lose weight to be healthy and in shape. 

I was at my thinnest during my senior year when I looked like this...


Now  look more like this...


I hope to one day be back to my thinner self but if I stay the size I am and end up healthy I will be happy!

Starting tomorrow I will start my new eating schedule and find a way to work out at home! Its all part of me journey as a college student. 

XOXO,
Em. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!