Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Is Chivalry Dead?

Hello All,

When is the last time you saw a guy open a car door open for his wife/girlfriend/lady friend?

Before last night if you had ask me that question I would probably say I can't remember the last time, but last night I was out to eat with Mama J. We were sitting at a table near the window, and I look up out the window and I see a couple walking to their car, when the got their the  man opened the car door, the women got in and he closed the door. I looked at Mama J and said "Awww look he opened the door for her." But then Mama J pointed out that the man then started fiddling with the car antenta, leaving his, I'm going to assume wife, in the car. 

That's where I got the inspiration for this post. It made think about how you rarely see someone open a car door for a date. Yes, you see people open doors to buildings for people but rarely cars. 

I'm not one of those girls who needs a guy to hold the door open a car door. Yes, I think its sweet and a nice thought. I wouldn't think impolite if I was on date and my date didn't open the car door I wouldn't be insulted if they didn't open the car door. But if they did I would be impressed. 

This all makes me think, is it my generation that  find it normal and okay that the door isn't held open for us? Or has that idea slowly come to end because etiquette isn't as important in our society? What do you think, do you think chivalry is dead? Let me know in the comments below. 

XOXO,
Em 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!