Monday, July 1, 2013

Movie Review: The Heat

Hello All,

This past weekend I went to The Heat starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.


As soon as I saw the first commercial for this movie I knew I had to see because I love Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. So, a movie starring both of them is a must in my book. 

I'm not huge on reading critic reviews on movies or television shows because a lot of the time I disagree with what they say. Mainly because they are looking for aspects that are taught to film students and those aspects aren't necessarily what an average person wants to see in the movies.

From what I heard critics didn't not like this but I on the other hand loved the movie. I thought it was hilarious movie and that both Bullock and McCarthy were great it in. 

The story started out with Special Agent Ashburn (Bullock) who is up for promotion in the New York FBI offices. Her boss tells her that if she wants the promotion that she needs  find the drug lord that is terrorizing Boston. The only problem, Ashburn doesn't work well with others, she's slightly type-A and know it all. When she gets to Boston she gets files on the Drug Lord and discovers that a police stations has just arrested a drug dealer who may have connections to the hunted Drug Lord. Ashburn walks into the Police Station and insist on interrogated the dealer what she doesn't know is that the dealer was arrested by Mullians (McCarthy) who is very rough around the edges and believes that she deserves the right interrogate the man she arrested. So, the story follows both Ashburn and Mullians as they try to track down the drug lord with their two different styling of detective work. The combination of the characters detective styles and baggage they carry from their personally lives make for a hilarious movie. I would definitely recommended this movie if you looking for something funny. 

While I was watching this movie I was impressed with Melissa McCarthy, how she goes from playing a sweet, granted a little cookey Sookie on Gilmore Girls.


To strong headed but put together Molly on Mike&Molly. 


To gross, slightly sex crazed Megan in Bridesmaids.


To an identity thief in Identity Thief.


To Officer Mullians in The Heat


I just love how a pretty, put together actress can play characters who are so off their hinges. I absolutely love Melissa McCarthy, I think she's an hilarious and amazing actress. 

So, has anyone else see The Heat yet? Did you like it? Let me know in the comments below.

XOXO,
Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!