Thursday, July 4, 2013

Throwback Thursday...4th of July

Hello All, 

Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone is having a great day!

Its time for another throwback Thursday, I'm sorry I missed last weeks I had horrible writers block I spend so much time trying to get words on the screen but none of them seemed to work. But I'm back and ready to  link up with Bonnie from The Life of Bon again this week and talk about 4th of July!


The 4th of July has never been a huge deal in my family, we've never really had a BBQ or set off fireworks. Some years we would be at my Grandma's summer house and we watch the town fireworks from her dock. But that wasn't a yearly tradition. 

For a good 6-7 years I did have tradition that I enjoyed a lot. I use to go to an over night camp and the girl's session always fell on week of 4th of July. Every year they would get all the campers together and we would walk about a mile and half into town to watch the town's parade, the way we would sing camp songs and have a great time. When we returned we swim, eat lunch, have our rest hour (a daily hour of rest in our cabin, you could sleep, read, write letter, listen to music, etc..) after rest hour we sit and watch the boat parade and then have a free swim. That night for our evening activity we would have staff run carnival where they would set up games like a bean bag toss or egg on spoon races. Then we would end the evening with patriotic songs watch the town fireworks. It was a cute little tradition and it was a nice break from the day to day events of camp. 

I don't have any pictures of me for this post but here are some pictures from my camp website of the camp. 



Last year I was home for the fourth of July. Mama J and I were just hanging out in the living room when I got a phone call from my neighbor and best friend Tori telling me that we could see fireworks from the top of our hill. I went outside and joined her mother and her started to watch them. After the show end we went to sit on the hill a little further up and spend time catching up. And when I say time we were probably outside for a good hour to an hour and half talking. When all the sudden it start to rain and we ran back to our houses laughing the whole time as the rain got more and more hard. That is actually probably one of my favorite memories of the two of us because it wasn't rain to hard but we rain like we were in the middle of a huge storm. 

Those are my two real Fourth of July memories. And both are pretty good. What are some of your favorite fourth of July memories?

XOXO,
Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!