Thursday, August 1, 2013

Movie Review: The Way, Way Back

Hello All,

Last night I went on a solo movie trip to see The Way, Way  Back.


Since the first time I saw the commercial for this movie  I wanted to see. Not because of any of the big names that are in this movie but because I love styling of this movie. And this movie didn't disappoint me, I really enjoyed it. 

This movie featured big name actors such as Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Allison Janney, Anna Sophia Robb and Maya Randolph. I loved this movie because all of the actors played character I had never seen them play before. For example when I think Allison Janney I think of the West Wing but in this movie she played a drunk neighbor who couldn't control her children. 

But the story was my favorite part of the movie. Duncan (Liam James) is a very awkward boy who is dealing with the divorce of his parents. Over the summer his mother, Pam (Collette), join her jerk of boyfriend, Trent (Carell), and his daughter, Steph (Zoe Levin) on a summer at the beach. When  they first arrive at the beach house they run into Betty (Janney) who is already a little buzzed and her daughter Suzanne (Robb). While Steph is off enjoying their first night their Duncan mooping around the house.

Exploring town the next day Duncan runs into Owen (Sam Rockwell) playing a video game and cliques with him quickly. Without realizing it he runs back into Owen at the water park that Owen owns. Soon Owen offers him a job and Duncan begins to meet a lot of interesting characters including the park manager, Caitlin (Randolph), the life guard Roddy (Nat Faxon) and the man who has big dreams but never leaves the park because he's scared, Lewis (Jim Rash). 
LtoR: Roddy (Faxon), Owen (Rockwell), Duncan (James) and Caitlin (Randolph)
Although his life at home isn't as happy because he has Trent making him feel bad about himself and his mother is changing into somebody he doesn't recognize.And meeting Trent's friends, Kip (Rob Corddry) and Joan (Amanda Peet), who are little on the crazy side.  As Suzanne (Robb) says: "This his place is like Spring Break for grown ups." 

LtoR: Kip (Corddry), Joan (Peet), Duncan (James), Pam (Colette) and Trent (Carell)

Although when he's not at work he begins to get to know Suzanne as the bond of their parents recent divorce and their dysfunctional mothers. Making Suzanne the only reason he wants to be at the beach house.

Duncan (James) and Suzanne (Robb)

With they help of Suzanne, Caitlin, Roddy, Lewis and of course Owen, Duncan has his both life changing summers of his life. 

Duncan (James) and Owen (Rockwell)

This movie was so heart warming as you watch a young boy who is at the age where he is starting to try and find himself. Although, throughout the whole movie I had ideas of how I want the movie to end, non of which were actually true, I enjoyed the ending because of how realistic it was. 

LtoR: Steph (Levin), Trent (Carell), Pam (Collete), Owen (Rockwell) and Duncan (James)

If you haven't already, I highly recommend that you go and see The Way, Way Back, it is a great movie.

Duncan (James)

Have you seen The Way, Way Back? If you have what did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!