Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Day That I Had to Call AAA 3 Times

Hello All,

Before I begin to today's post I want to start with two off topic things. 

First I want to start by wishing my baby cousin Joshua a Happy 1st Birthday! A little late, it was actually yesterday.


Also, today my first guest post for another blogger was published. It was published on Paige at The Sticky Notes Addict blog. You can check it out here. While your there if you haven't already check out Paige's blog because she is an awesome writer and I love  her blog.

So, onto today's blog. I think the best way to start this post is with this tweet.


Now let me begin, as some of you who have checked out my About Me page may know that I live about an hour away from where I go to school. Well what you probably don't know is that I work about 15 minutes (because of city traffic and A LOT of stop lights) away from my school. Making it that during the summer I have about 1 hour 15 minute commute! Now a lot of you probably think I'm crazy BUT for about 9 months of the year I'm right near work. 

Any who a few days ago I was driving to work, making incredible time, to the point where I was probably going to be 20-25 minutes early, which I love, I love being early. I was taking a turn when I ran over a curb and I could start feeling my car, vibrate, I think that would be good term so I pulled into the nearest gas station and got out of my car. It turns out I completely slashed my tire. 

Now I've only been driving for about 3-4 months so I have NEVER had a flat tire. I took about 3 minutes to collected myself because I was freaking out. Then I went into problem solving mode calling working telling them what happened and that I might be late. Then I called AAA for the first time. The operator was so was so sweet and helpful which made me feel better.

While I was waiting I was a good little blogger (and instagramer) and took a picture of my flat tire.


Sorry you can't really see how flat the tire is but it was pretty much flat as can be. 

I waited about 10 minutes and the guy came and fixed my tire. He too was nice although was really soft spoken. When he was done I hopped on the road and headed to work, I was only going to be like 5 minutes late!

When I got to the parking garage near where I work, I work in a city so parking in a garage is the best choice. I was rushing around to get my stuff and I locked the door right when I opened it so I wouldn't forget to on my rush out. I grabbed everything I needed, hopped out of the car and closed the door. 

But then I realized I left my car on with keys in the ignition and my AAA card. Luckily I had my phone so I called Mama J and she called AAA for me. I waited for the key guy to come and he finally did, got my car unlocked and I was able to leave!

I ended up being about an hour late for work but my manager was luckily was understanding.


P.S. - I know this is a little late but I'm looking for 2-3 guest post for the end of August. If you are interested either comment below with your email address or email me at emmatheblogger@aol.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!