Sunday, August 4, 2013

Why Do I hide?

Hello All,

I've been blogging for about 1/3 of the year so far and I love it! But at the same time I'm terrified to tell people. My close friends know that I blog and some have even liked my facebook page because they want to read my posts. I know people who tell everyone and their mother that they blog but me I can't even tell my mother, my best friend that I blog. And that got me thinking, why? 

At first I didn't want to tell too many people because I was scared that I would give up but I personally have fallen in love with blogging and don't see it ending so I think telling more people wouldn't be crazy.

So, why am I so scared to tell people that I blog? I think it might be because I'm scared they will judge me. Which is strange because normally I'm person that doesn't not care what  people think about me. I live my life by the idea: I am who I am, take or leave it, it won't make me change.  

Part of me does want to tell all my friends about my blog and hope that they will read and comment. But I want them to want to read so unless I know they read it I don't talk about it much, but if they do read blogging is one of my favorite topics. 

In life you are always making new friends and that begs the question, how do you tell new friends that you're a blogger? Do you bring it up one day when you're hanging out? Or slyly inject it into a conversation and pretend that you forget you hadn't told me that you're a blogger? 

I  guess that is just some thing I've been thinking about pretty much since I started my blog. My question for all you readers out their is how do you tell people that your a blogger? Is there anyone that you always hide your blog from? Basically I would love to hear any story about telling people about your blog. Let me know in the comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!