Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Every Doctor's Office

Hello All,

This morning I woke up with a swollen! When I noticed it I was little worried because someone I work had, had pink eye and I was really worried that I had gotten it as well. I decided I would go to the student health center ASAP. 

I tired calling before my 8:10 class to see if I could make an appointment but nobody picked up. I figured since it was right after they opened they might not be ready yet. So, I called again when I got out of class and they still didn't pick up.

Source
So, I marched my little butt across campus to the health center and asked if I could make an appointment. They handed me a sheet to fill out and I thought that maybe they were giving me this sheet and I thought maybe they would let me do walk in. But NO! I had to come back 50 minutes later for an appointment.

So, I got back 50 minutes later for my appointment. I checked in and sat down. I brought one of my books for class (Thank God!) and waited. And waited. And then waited some more.

Finally I was called in. I told the nurse practitioner my symptoms and she asked some questions. And did all the doctor office type things. 

Luckily for me I DON'T have pink eye!

Source
 What the nurse thinks I have is a virus going through my system that I had thought was allergies. All I need is to do is do some eye drops and throw out all my make up and buy new stuff.

As happy as I am that don't have pink eye I was shocked by the fact that I waited in the waiting room for like 25 minutes and was in the actual office for 5 minutes. Why no matter what doctor's office your in does it take forever in the waiting room but when you get into the actual exam room they shift you out in minutes? 

What is the longest amount of time that you've spent in the waiting room? Let me know in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!