Monday, November 18, 2013

Meet a College Blogger...Lindsey

Hello All,

Welcome to another addition of Meet a College Blogger! I'm so excited for this blogger because she is super sweet, and her answer are perfect! I think all of you will like her as much as I do. 

So, with out further ado, I introduce you to Lindsey from LMartThoughts!


1.  What inspired you to start blogging? Why did you chose to name your blog lmartthoughts? 
I started blogging because I was angry over shorts being too expensive. My senior year, I took AP Environmental Science and my teacher suggested I do something about my thoughts, since I didn’t think it was fair to pay $50 or more for a pair of shorts. Don’t even get me started on jeans. Yes, I think they are ridiculously over priced. So, my last name is not “mart” (close but no cigar ya’ll). However, it’s close, so I went with that to protect myself a little bit more. The thoughts part came from the idea that it was putting all the “thoughts” down that were in my head out there for everyone to see.

2.  What is your favorite post you have ever written? And why?
It’s so hard to pick a favorite post! I love so many of them!
         So, here’s some of my recent favorites I think you should definitely check out this onewhy: Proves I’m human. And this why: gives you tips and tricks on how to do make up!
And, probably all of my “college tip” posts. I love these because it’s more of why I started the blog.

3.What are you planning on doing after you graduate college?
   Well, hopefully I can become a journalist or an event planner. I do plan on continuing blogging though, so even if the journalist thing doesn’t work out I’ve got this.

4.  On your blog you are doing 101 in 1001, where you are attempting to complete 101 goals in 1001 days. What inspired you to do 101 in 1001? What goal are most excited about? What goal do you think is going to be the hardest to complete?
I’m goal oriented. If I don’t have a goal, it won’t get done. Guaranteed! This way, I know what I’m working toward and a date to get it done by. I definitely have more done then are currently updated on the list (maybe I should make updating it a goal?) I’m most excited about my ADPi related ones because they help strengthen the bonds I have with sisters. My absolute favorite though would be get a dog! I love puppies and I want a little corgi. I have to wait until I’m out of college though. The hardest goal to accomplish will probably be going to England or the Atlantis resort. I don’t have a lot of time off and travel is expensive! I’m being realistic though and know it might not get done...but I can always put it on lists until I get it done! I hoping to study abroad in England this summer though and you know I will definitely be vlogging for ya’ll!

5.  You also run a YouTube channel to create Vlogs that go along with blog. What inspired you do start a vlog? Which did you start first? 
I started watching YouTube when I was in high school. Now, I watch it constantly. If I don’t have a new video to watch while I get ready in the morning, I’m totally lost at what to do! I love follow me around vlogs and I want people to know that I’m normal just like them, and sometimes there just is some stuff you can’t put into words. I tried doing vlogs first (I had a channel called “thefillyproductions” and I actually started with making montages of me riding). However, I officially started blogging first with vlogs as just an add on to my regular posts.

6. On your blog you discuss your life as a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority. What made you want to join the sorority? What is your favorite part of being a member?
I’ve always wanted to go greek but I didn’t really think about it for while when I first went to college.
I wanted to join a sorority because I go to school 3 hours away and knew I would need a support system. Sisters are always there for you no matter what!
Here are some posts that will show you my journey through going greek! here and here.


7.  You participate in Blogtember (I did too!). What was your favorite topic to write about and why?
I loved writing so many of them it is so hard to pick! However, if I had to pick my favorite(s) it would be these: Where I'm FromDefining Moment and Only Photos

8. What is the biggest piece of advice you would give a freshmen in college now?
Go out and explore! Do not just sit in your room and expect people to come to you. Go to recruitment events for greek life, go do things you’ve only dreamed of doing! This is the time in your life that is full of “get out of jail free” cards (don’t do illegal things though!). Take advantage of this. You never know what you might learn about yourself. I wish I hard started do this earlier because I’ve never had so much fun in my life.

9.Since this feature on my blog is all about college bloggers, who are some of your favorite college blogs to read?
One of the first blogs I started reading was Hannah at The Pink and Green Prep. Highly recommend!
Sparkle and Shine is another ADPi blogger that I love. And, The Shore Life According to M.         
I love reading Paige at The Sticky Note Addict and Samantha’s Life is But a Stream of Thoughts

Thank you again to Lindsey for being November's college blogger! She really is super sweet and has a great blog so make sure you go and check her out (her link is above). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!