Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Acorn Cupcakes

Hello All,

Today I'm going to share a cupcake design that I made spur of the moment and ended up being a Thanksgiving dessert! I got isnpiration from a blog that I found through Pinterest. I didn't follow her decorations but I stole her idea. You can check out her recipe here

Here are the ingredients that I used.
Mini Nilla wafers, Pillsbury Yellow cake, creamy supreme frosting, cupcake wrappers, Betty Crocker Frosting Gel, food dye, Hershey kisses , eggs
I made the cake the way you would normally make a box cake.  And made 2 dozen cupcakes. 

Next I made the acorn for the top. I made them by squirting a small drop of gel frosting on nilla wafer and stuck a Hershey kiss on top.
The Gel I Used

I took me about 30ish minutes to stick all 24 acorns together.
All the acorns
Sample of  one acorn.
In the original recipe had little tiny Hershey kisses on top of the acorn that made the stem. I didn't do that but wished I had because I thought it would be more obvious what they were. 

I always changed but the recipe was by dying the frosting green so it would look like grass but I think it was a little to to bright. You'll have to let me know what you guys think. 

Then I frosted the cupcakes and plopped the acorn right on the cupcakes. I did it so that they were laying down so it looked like they fell right off the tree. 

All the cupcakes.
A close up cupcake. 
And those are my acorn cupcakes! Do you guys like to see recipe that I make on the blog? Let me know, if you do I'll do a few more over winter break. 

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!