Monday, May 19, 2014

Good-Bye School, Hello Summer {A Guest Post}

Hello All,

I'm so excited to share this awesome week of guest posts. The first one comes from one of my favorite bloggers, Lauren from Little Lion Gal. She is so sweet and has some awesome advice to rewind after the semester. Enjoy!

Hey everyone! I’m Lauren and I blog over at Little Lion Gal. I just finished my first year of college as a nursing student and will be starting summer courses this week. I’m the oldest of 3 with a ton of cousins and family I love. My blog is centered around college, and everything a young teenager goes through. You’ll find tips for college, lessons on life, wishlist, my dream wedding, and so much more on the blog.

 Every college student knows you end of the semester is extremely stressful. You have finals and papers due. Many hours are spent studying and I'm sure everyone has had their breakdown. But guess what?! It's all over! You can relax and distress. Leave those bags and boxes packed up they can wait.

Here are my tips on how to distress from the semester and start your summer off right. You deserve it after a long year. 

Netflix
Source
Binge watch your favorite show! Or try a new one. I would throw in some movies while you're at it. I know I'll be watching Gossip Girl and possibly a new show.

Read
Source
It might sound crazy to read after you just got out of classes but nothing's better than reading a nice book out in the sunshine. Make sure you read light, airy books I help you relax. Maybe a nice summer book to get you into the season. I'll be reading Jenny Hans Summer series books. 

Manicure and Pedicure
Source
Having someone else do your nails is so relaxing. Plus it's nice to have pretty toes and finger nails for summer.

Sleep!
Source
Yep this is probably one of the best things to do after a long semester. All of us college students are sleep deprived, especially after finals week. All of my friends have been sleeping away the last few days.

Paint or Craft
Source
One of my favorite ways to relax is to paint or do some type of craft. I promised a few people paintings so I will be doing them this summer. I'm hoping to do a scrapbook for my first year of college, and a smashbook for fun this summer. It's always fun to be creative.

Sit Outside and Listen to Music
Source
Sit back, relax, listen to some fun, upbeat music, and enjoy the start to summer. It's nice to not have to spend all day in the library.

Meet Your Friends From Back Home
Source
You just spent months away from them. It's time to meet up and catch up. It can be so relaxing to just sit around and talk with old friends. Not much is involved.

Shop!
Source
I know that I love to shop. Honestly I think every girl loves to shop. If you need an excuse to shop it can be that summer is here and you need new clothes. Nothing wrong with that! 

I hope everyone had a great end of the semester and they have a wonderful summer. Wear your sunblock and spend some time relaxing!

xoxo,
Lauren

Thanks Lauren for the awesome tips, I'm definitely going to do some of these when I return from my cruise! 

You can find Lauren on TwitterPinterest & Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!