Friday, May 30, 2014

Marketable Skills

Hello All,

A few weeks ago I got an emails from Webucator asking me to write a post about what skills I thought were important to have when looking for a job. I thought this would be a fun post because as a college blogger I know that a lot of my readers are around the college age as well and soon we'll all be looking for our first real job. 

1. I think you need to know how to handle yourself on social media
Source
I don't think you should be bad mouthing your boss, co-workers or company online as if comes off bad not only on yourself but your company as well. Although I don't think you should judge one what you do during your personal time either. 

2. You should be able to use basic computer programs (i.e. word)
Source
All the classes I've taken say that word, powerpoint and excel are programs you will use time and time again so just make sure you can do the basics.

3. Being able to continuously learn & problem solving.
Source
Learning new things is a way of life. You are constantly going to thrown curve balls and you need to be able to find your way around it. 

4. Be flexible
Source
As much as you like things a certain way things won't always go that way so you need to try new things as you go. 

Those are what I think are important when starting your first real job, what do you think is important? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!