Friday, June 13, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: The Maze Runner

Hello All,

I am chugging along on my Summer Reading Goals as last Saturday night I official finished my second book of the summer so now its time for its review. 


The second book I read this summer is The Maze Runner by James Dashner. This genre isn't something that I normally read but I decided to read it because my love Dylan O'Brien is going to be in movie adaptation of it coming out September 19th!

Source
This book is about a place called Glade and the boys who live their are called Gladers. Thomas is the second to last person to be sent their and when he gets there along with all the other Gladers can't remember their life before living in the Glade. Each of the Gladers have a job whether is cookers, farmers, cleaners, and runners. The job of runners is to try to find away out of the Glade which is surrounded by a maze. Each day they go in and run around all day to find an exit. 

As soon as Thomas gets there he feels like he already knows the Maze and all he wants is to be a Runner. But before he can get to invested in the idea of being a runner another new kid arrives but for the first time since the Glade began a girl arrives with message that everything is about to change. And it does but to find out how it changes you are going to have to read the book. 

Now on to my opinion on the book, I was told before I started the book and agreed with it while reading the book that the begin moves pretty slowly, the real action begins right around the time the girl arrives so I suggest give it a chance to when the girl gets there because that's when it gets exciting. 

I did enjoy the book although there were some parts that confused be very much and their were some parts that ran slowly and wanted to get to the next action packed part. I'm hoping that the questions will be answered during one of the sequels. 

When it comes to the idea of the movie adaptation and I'm excited to see what they are going to do with the sets and see the characters come to live. But I'm nervous because when I was reading the book I couldn't for the life of my picture Dylan O'Brien playing Thomas.  But you can bet your bottom dollar that I will see the movie, maybe with one of my future roommates who maybe a little in love with Dylan as well. 

To add to the excitement of this book check out the movie trailer.


And that is what I thought about The Maze Runner and I actually plan to read the sequels soon. If you read Maze Runner what did you think? Are you excited for the movie? Let me know in the comments below!

Source

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!