Friday, July 11, 2014

MOVIE REVIEW: The Fault in Our Stars

Hello All,

Happy Friday! I hope your week is going well. Last week I went to see Fault in the Stars and I am so excited to share my thoughts with you guys!


**SPOILER ALERTS: I WILL BE GIVING AWAY IMPORTANT DETAILS AND STORY LINE PIECES IN THIS POST SO IF YOU PLAN TO READ THE BOOK OR WATCH THE MOVIE AND DON'T WANT SPOILERS PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. THANKS***

A few months ago I read and reviewed the book The Fault in Our Stars (which you can read here). Although the book wasn't my favorite, i had a few issues with it and some thing left me with questions I still wanted to see the movie. 

You know that idea that a book is always better then movie? Well  I don't live by that rule, especially in this movie. A lot of the review (well friend's Facebook statuses)  complained that they left out HUGE story lines and yes the did leave things out but it kept the story in tact and didn't leave gaping holes. And Mama J (my movie going companion) who hadn't read the book didn't have any confusion.

If you read my book review you may remember one of my biggest problems was that I didn't like the characters but Shailene Woodely (Hazel) and Ansel Elgort (Gus) performances changed that. Although I still can't see me dating a guy like Gus mainly because in the book he seem pertinacious and kind of boring. But Elgort brought some fun and personality to the character that the book was lacking.

But Elgort wasn't the one who impressed me the most. Instead is was Shailene Woodely, I hadn't seen her in anything since her days in The Secret Life of an American Teenager. She has grown as an actress amazingly well and is no longer the young Amy Jergens I remember her being! Instead she held her part well and was believable. I loved her in it and can't wait to see where her career goes.

Although the movie didn't cry (please don't judge me) I enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who  loves chic flick or drama style movies.

If you've seen the movie what did you think? Let me know in the comments below!

-P.S. - I'm hanging out on Natalie's blog today with guest post to check it out.

-P.P.S. - Check out this week's VLOG entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!