Thursday, August 21, 2014

Blogging For a Cause {Link-Up}

Hello All,

A few days ago my bloggy bestie, Natalie announced that she was hosting a link-up where blogs write about a cause that is near and dear to their heart on Thursday (Today) and/or Friday (tomorrow). I wanted to jump in the link-up because their is a cause that means a lot to me and hits very close to home.

I don't think I ever shared this on the bloggy before because it didn't really feel like my story to tell. But then I thought about it and realized that its one that I WANT to share because this person who was directly effected by it is one of my favorite people in the whole world.

My cousin, for right now I'm not going to share her name,  was born with a heart defect. She had a pace maker put in a few years ago and on a night in July of 2012 her pace maker went of like 14 times. They rushed her to the hospital and then she got life starred to a hospital that specialize hearts. She soon found out she would need a heart transplant. She was on the transplant list for 15 days and then recieced in new heart on August 15, 2012. 

She had a lot of issues post heart transplant. And then right around Thanksgiving 2013 she found that she would once again eventually need a heart transplant but also a new kidney. She once again went on the transplant list and was blessed by getting her second heart and her kidney in the same day. 

I still remember the day Mama J called me and told me that her second transplant had gone well. I was crying int he student center. Now she has gone six months without rejection, she is doing well and everyday that she goes without rejection I am grateful that she is still in my life.

After watching my cousin fight for her life and spend the majority of the last 2 years in the hospital the cause that is nearest to my heart is Donate Life. Did you know that in most states if you sign up to be a donor when you get your ID its consider a contract so that is fulfilled after your death and now can stop it? Did you know that if you chose to be a donor after your death the average healthy person can save about 8 lives and improve up to 50 lives.

That is the story behind why Donate life is so important to me. What is the most important cause in your life? Link-up with Natalie in the next two days and share it with the world. 

Source

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great post! thank you so much for linking up, and the compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!