Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Blogging Confession

Hello All,

I'm about to get really honest with you guys about something that I didn't want to admit to anyone. Although some of you may have notice. Because for about 9 months I had lost the spark for blogging. I would go weeks at time without a posting anything. And when I did post there didn't feel like there was a rhythm, it felt like I was suffering from extreme writers block. 

I felt ashamed or like I didn't love blogging anymore. But that wasn't it. I realized that I had strayed away from who I was when I first started blogging. Back when I was writing about what I had done and what made me happy. Yes I would schedule posts out because I would get burst of inspiration and write many post back to back. But I didn't have a set schedule. I didn't feel like I needed to get a post our every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

I think that made me look at the blog as more of job.  I had started to compare myself to other bloggers. I wanted the same readerships or the loads of comments coming in. I felt disappointed in myself. 

But recently the blogging blog has come back. But I've realized that I want to go back to who I was when I started blogging. I wrote about what I was doing, I was life style blogger when I started and that's who I still am. 

I'm not 100% what that means. I don't know if that means that I'm going to cutting certain features from my blog. I don't want to say that I'm never going to write another post about my opinion a bigger issue. Or that I'm going to write about exactly what I did

There are certain features that I know what I want to keep. Like writing about my day to day activities like starting a new semester, planning and recaping my trips, goals and special events, like concert, day trips and traditions. 

I see this blog in my future. I see it being here when I start to plan a wedding (to a man that I have yet to meet, but hi future hubby!) as well as sharing my future pregnancy (don't worry Mama J I'm not pregnant yet) and all about the amazing travels that I'm sure I'll be going on.

As of right now my blog won't be on an official schedule. Although sometimes there will be patterns don't be suprised when they break or come apart. Although the one thing I'm really going to try and keep up with is blogging 2 to 3 times a week. 

I'm sorry if this post was all over the place, I just need to get that off my chest. And I want to thank anyone who does take the time out of there to read my blog. I honestly and truly do appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!