Monday, July 13, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: P.S. I Still Love You

Hello All,

I know I have been missing from this blog a lot recently. This whole sharing a computer thing has been hard but hopefully by the end of August I will once again have my own computer and we'll get back on a schedule. But I'm here now and I want to talk about this book I read.


Now if you were around these parts about a year ago, 1 thank you for sticking with me. But 2 you may remember a book review I wrote for To All the Boys I've Loved Before. In that book I raved about how much I loved this book and how I wanted Jenny Han (The author) to write a sequel. Well a few weeks after that post was published I learned that she was going to be writing a sequel and then I waited a whole year to read the sequel.

In this book titled PS I Still Love You Lara Jean and Peter decide to be in a relationship for real. Everything is going pretty well until a video is leaked of Lara Jean and Peter making out in a hot tub (a scene from the first novel) and tension starts to grow between the couple. That only gets worse when Peter starts hanging out with his ex-girlfriend and Lara Jean receives a response from one of her final love letter she sent out. Slowly their relationship gets more filled with tension as they start to wonder if they can trust one another. 

I will be honest with you I didn't enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed the first one. I didn't read it as fast and I wasn't as hooked. I felt like Peter who was my favorite character in the first book seemed to have done a completely 180 and it didn't seem realistic to me.It was like he had become a whole new character and I didn't like it.

It also felt like it took longer for this story to actually start. I knew that the guy was going to be getting the letter because I read the summary. But it felt like it took him FOREVER to get his letter and respond. 

The things I did like about the book were that I still felt a very deep relationship with the main character. I also loved the ending! For the most part this book gave some really good closure but it still left me with some questions. 

Would I recommend this book? If you read this book and still have questions then yes read this book because they'll probably be answer. If you read the first book and don't have questions then I would say don't read the book because it really wasn't as good. And if you haven't read the first book then go read the first books and see above.

Have you read the sequel? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below.

Source


1 comment:

  1. i read this book a few weeks ago and i loved it! i agree with you on it taking forever for the story to "really" start though..

    natalie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!