Thursday, December 10, 2015

MOVIE REVIEW: Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 2

Hello All,

I have been cranking out blog post recently like its nobody's business. Even so, I'm still behind on getting out all the post I have on my written on my to do list. But I'm going to try and get a lot of them out so we can be all even stevens when the new years roles around. Which brings me to this post.

Do you when the last time I wrote a movie review was? It was in July! That was the last time I went to a movie! For anyone whose wondering that movie was Trainwreck and you can read the review right here.

So, for any of you who haven't been living under rock for the past 3 and half almost four years then you've probably heard about The Hunger Games. I was stubborn and refused to read or watch them movies for the longest time because I thought they'd be lame. But last year I watched the first one one night when it was playing on ABC Family and I was confused. So then I watched again with my roommate and she helped explain it to me. At that time Hunger Games - Catching Fire was on Netflix so we watched that one. And then we went and saw Mockingjay part 1 and I was hooked. 

Well a couple of weeks ago I went and saw the most recent one. If you haven't seen the trailer well here it is.

Normally when I write reviews I give you a summary of the movie but I don't know how to do that without giving away the other 3 movies. But one thing I can say about the plot is that it picks up exactly where the 3rd one left off. Almost perfectly! I actually think that they did a better time picking up where they left off then Harry Potter did between the two Deathly Hollow movies.
Katniss (Jennifer Lawerence)
Source
One thing that always leaves me in awe about these movies (or just about any movie she's in) is how amazing Jennifer Lawrence is. She honestly can play any part. And of course this movie is no different. Katniss, Jennifer Lawerence's character, has a lot of emotions and rebellious attitudes in this movie.  And J-Law pulled it off amazingly well. She made me want to stand up and fight for their cause. I don't think there is any other actress on the face of this earth who could play Katniss in such a way.
LtoR: Katniss (Lawerence), Boggs (Mahereshala Ali) & Gale (Liam Hemsworth)
Source
Of course there is also the amazing chemistry between Katniss and Peeta (Josh Hunterson). I'll be honest, I never read the books but never once in the movies did I ever see how the character Gale (Liam Hemsworth) was ever even a possible match for Katniss. Lawerence and Hutchernson have such undeniable chemistry that every time  Peeta tried to attack or Katniss showed that she remembered who he really and truly was my heart melted and I got butterflies. 
LtoR: Katniss (Lawerence) & Gale (Hemsworth
Source
And then there was the end. I'm not going to give it away but it was the perfect ending for the movie.  They wrapped it up in a way that you knew what had happened to all the characters that you loved but remained very focused on Katniss and her life. I will be honest my favorite sense in the whole movie was in the last five minutes. It was a moment between Katniss and Peeta that was so sweet and so innocent and so beautiful. 
Peeta (Josh Hutcherson)
Source
After finishing the movie I left the theatre feeling three different ways. One happy because the movie was amazing (possibly my favorite). But it also made me want to turn around and go watch that one or any of the Hunger Games movies again.  But it also made me want to actually read the series. Which I'll be honest I have said multiple times because. And this year winter break might actually be the year that I do it. 
LtoR: Gale (Hemsworth) & Katniss (Lawerence
Source
So,  incase this glowing review didn't make it obvious I would recommend this movie to just about anyone.  I don't think you need to have watch the third one recently to be able to see this one but I do think that you need at least seen it once so you know what it is going on.
LtoR: Peeta (Hutcherson) & Katniss (Lawerence
Source
Have you seen the Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2? If you did what did you think about it? Let me know in the comments so we can chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!