Monday, January 18, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Hunger Games - Catching Fire

Hello All,

Remember last week when I wrote my Hunger Games review and I said that I was flying through the books? Well I already finish the second book in the series, Catching Fire and I figured that this is the prefect time to write a book review. 

This book was just a captivating as the first one. I loved the story of the time before the Quarter Quell and getting to know what Katniss was like after the games and how they really effected her and Peeta. There also this weird comfort during the time pre-games, I'm not sure how to explain. I guess Suzanne Collins did such a good job at writing the traditions of the Hunger Games that I felt like a was a citizen of Panem and watching the Hunger Games was something that I did every year.

Once again the romance of the novel swept me up. It broke my heart that at the beginning Peeta and Katniss were barely talking. But as the book progressed their dynamic came back. Every time Peeta said something sweet to Katniss I swooned. He is just so sweet and so in love with her and so confident that he couldn't love anyone half as much as he loved her. 

Once again I didn't see the chemistry between Katniss and Gale that would possess people to be #TeamGale. In this book they talk about how during the Hunger Games the Capitol came up with the lie that Gale was Katniss' cousin. And I feel like in the back of Katniss' mind she looks at Gale like her cousin. But hey that's just the way that I'm reading it.

My major complaint when it comes to this installment is the fact that the end of the book, namely when they are in the arena. It moved a lot slower than the time in the arena in the during the first book. Especially because there were so many events jam packed into what was supposed to be a short period of time. But yet it dragged on for what felt like forever!

All and all I really enjoyed this book. I have (while I'm writing this) 10 days before the semester starts (about a day when this published) and my goal is to finish reading the final novel because even though I've seen the movies and know how they end, I want to finish the series and really know how it ends.

Source
Have you read Catching Fire? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!