Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Currently - July 2016

Hello All,

I know, I know I've been missing for awhile. But what else is new here? I could come up with a list of reasons why I haven't been here but I'm not going to bore you with those. I made a goal for this week (the week of July 11th) to blog for at least 10 minutes everyday so I can try and get some cool post up for you guys. 

I figured since I have been "missing" on these parts for a while I would start this up with a currently post, so I can give you guys an update on all the haps in my life. So, let's get started!

Currently I've been...

...binging Friday Night Lights on Netflix
Source
For those of you who have never seen it, Friday Night Lights is about the town of Dillon, Texas, their football team and the lives of the people connected to the football team. Its a show a lot of people had recommended to me and I finally got around to watching it. I absolutely love it! I'm almost done with the series and I'm on the final season. And if we're being honest I will probably re-watch it as soon as I'm finished with it. My only problem with it is that it only takes place during Football season and because of that not every storyline gets wrapped up and leaves me with a few questions. The show in general has made me want to move down south and raise a bunch of boys who play football. 

...watching The Bachelorette (ABC), Scream: The TV Show (MTV) and Big Brother (CBS).
Source
This wasn't a show that I watch religiously but over winter break I binge watched the most recently season of the Bachelor (ya know the one where Ben told 2 girls he loves them *Insert eye roll emoji here). At the end of the season when they announced that JoJo was going to be next Bachelorette I knew I had to watch it. Mainly because I love her and she seems so sweet. And yes, I know you can't judge someone by how a reality show portrays them but I love her anyways. 
Source
I love the Scream movie series (the first one is my favorite) so when MTV announced that they were going to make a TV series based on it I was intrigued. The first season got me hooked and I was beyond excited for season two (which I have been enjoying). My favorite characters are Audrey and Noah (both of who are slightly suspicious). As of right now I have no idea who this season's killer is. 
Source
If y'all have been around these parts for a while you probably know I LOVE Big Brother and watch it every season. In the past I have done weekly recaps on here but those are a lot of work and I just don't have the time to write them. Although I am brainstorming another way to share my love of a Big Brother on my corner of the internet but it might take some time before ones published. What I will say about this season is one of my favorite in a long time. I think this might have to do with the returning houseguests (Frank (BB14), Nicole (BB16), James and Da'Vonne (BB17)). I feel like when they bring back houseguests the game gets moving a little sooner because they already understand how to play. And for those who are wonder I am on #TeamNicole, #TeamCorey and surprisingly #TeamPaul (even if he was the jerk the first few episode). And my pre-season picks to win (before I knew about the returning Vets) this season are Paul for the guys and Michelle for the girls.

...reading After You by JoJo Moyes
Source
After You is the sequel to Me Before You. I'm only about 30 pages into and haven't gotten hooked the way I did to Me Before You. Although it takes time for me to get hooked to books sometimes so I'm still determined to finish it. 

...planning a new vacation!

My mom and I are going on a vacation in January and I'm super excited about it. It's one that we have been planning since I started college since it was going to be my graduation celebration. I'm not ready announce it quiet yet (its still over 160 days out) but I wanted to drop a hint. So I found a picture (which was taken by me) and cropped it so it wouldn't give it away but you'd get a hint. 

...getting excited about graduating and my future.
Throwback to my High School graduation circa June 2012
This is it folks, the light is at the end of the tunnel and graduation is coming up! I believe, I'm like 97% sure that I am graduating in December! The reason I say I'm 3% unsure it because things happen. If you guys remember I published this post over two years ago talking about changing my major. I went through a hard time when I realized that I didn't want to be a teacher (my original major) and had no clue what I was going to do. I think I may have found my correct path. I'm going to do a whole post about it, life update style, in the next couple of weeks.

...running 3 minutes straight!
Source
Recently I've decided to go back to the gym (at least in the summer I'm going 5 days a week!) and I've lost 4.5 pounds (as of July 11th). But the thing I'm most excited about is that I can run for 3 minutes straight. I've always wanted to run a 5K but I've never been a big runner. So when I returned to the gym about 3 weeks ago my main goal was to start running. I based my running plan on the couch to 5K (I post it down below). But changed it up a little to work for me. I've been going but by 15 second increments every few days rather then 1 minute increments. But I follow the how many minutes to walk when I hit the new minute. i.e. I'm currently running 3 minutes and walking 5 minutes on either side of the running. I also have a 5K goal but more on that when it gets closer.
Source
...playing Best Fiends on my phone
Source
While the rest of the world is chasing Pokemon I have been trying to kill slugs. I heard about this game through a lot of YouTubers and thought it sounded fun. It is a lot like candy crush where you're matching (what looks like fruit) and you built your team in order to kill slugs. I love it and I'm completely addicted. I recommend it for anyone who enjoy(s/ed) candy crush. 

And that's what's been going on in my world. What has been going on your guy's world? Let me know in the comments down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comment always make my day!